Tuesday 12 July 2011

Evensong and Dinner.

Tonight I went to Evensong at the parish of S. John's Shaughnessy, a surprisingly large contingent of 30 came out for this service, as I had no idea what to expect numbers wise.

The congregation was very welcoming, and pleased to welcome another member of the Prayerbook Society into their midst, especially as one still within the Diocese.

We had a lovely dinner after, and it was great to meet strong Prayerbook Anglicans with whom the bonds of communion have been broken on an official level.

I was also interested to learn that some of the stain glass in the chancel and sanctuary comes from 11th century windows originally in Canterbury Cathedral and broken during the Second World War.

I have new app on my iPhone, Old Camera which takes some interesting pics, I snapped a pic of their old banner, which interestingly enough has the Diocese of New Westminster crest on the bottom corner... oh the ironies of life...

Until next time... I have to be at work for 4:30am tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment